6.17.2009

So You Think You Can Dance Week 2--Thoughts and Opinions

Forgive me if I spell names wrong. I'm horrible at it.



Randi and Evan--Jive
I'm not normally a big fan of jive, but wow, Randi and Evan did a pretty great job. It's very fast and crazy! They are so short, and I love them. Of all of the couples, these two have the smiley faces to do jive.


Melissa and Ade--Jazz
I hate Melissa. Her face is very strange. She looks quite demented. I am sick of the "naughty ballerina." Sonya's routines are so insane, and this one was no different. I have to admit that if I don't "get" the dance, I have a hard time liking the routine. How was that mess about a "high maintenance girl playing hard to get"? I don't get it. They both have talent, but I just do not get it. AT ALL. Ade is definitely the better dancer of the two.


Caitlin and Jason--Hip Hop
These two PWNED everyone last week with the Bollywood number, so this week they better own this shit. And YAY Shane Sparks! He is good stuff. This week, Jason once again shows up his partner. He is amazing. Caitlin is good too, but in his shadow is where she is going to stay. She just looked completely awkward. Overall, not so great, but Jason was still good.


Janette and Brandon--Disco
I LOVE Brandon. I am NOT a fan of the chick though. And this crazy bitch who does Disco is ALWAYS horrible. She might spell disaster for them. But in the end, it was okay. I'm not crazy about disco, but these two work great together, and Brandon's body is SICK. Janette and do some pretty crazy moves, so overall, it was fun. Not my thing, and there were some parts completely off. The lifts were great, except for the one where it was like "HI, HERE IS HER VAGINA!"


Asuka and Vitolio--Waltz
I hate Louie van Amstel's work, and I hate ballroom, so I don't have high hopes for this. I do, however, like Vitolio, and this week they were very pretty together. That's about all I can say.


Kayla and Max--Pop Jazz
WTF is pop jazz? I have never heard of such a thing. Oh, I see now. They meant incredibly lame slam dancing seizure movements. -_- Again, I don't get the "story" they put behind it, and again, they are talented, but I just don't get it, so I can't say I liked it or them. It was all very random and insane, and Kayla looked like some kind of weird parrot. Blah. I don't get why they love them so much. They're just okay for me.

(And who the hell does Lil' C think he is? WTF are all his weird sayings?)

Karla and Jonathan--Contemporary
Contemp is my favorite kind of dance, so we'll see how this goes. I also like Jonathan, but I think they're getting hosed by not getting Mia Michaels and getting his n00b instead. In the end, THEY WERE FREAKING GREAT. Contemp is the BEST, and they were freaking great at it, especially since Jonathan has never done it. I'm a firm believer that a good contemp piece should make them look like they're having sex standing up, and this did. GREATNESS.


Jeanine and Phillip--Tango
I love Phillip and Jeanine both, but tango? Eek. What I loved about Phillip during tryouts is that he looked as though he could pick up on anything, and while he wasn't the sharpest at the tango, he wasn't terrible either. Overall, it wasn't a great performance, but it was acceptable enough for me, which means they will land in the bottom three and probably be eliminated.


Ashley and Kupono--Hip-Hop
These two were so weird last week that I don't know if they recover. I hope so. I love Kupono and his weirdness. I'm not huge of hip hop usually, but I thought they were really good. I'm starting to like Ashley more and more. Kupono is still really weird, and I still really love him.


I'm not really sure who will be the bottom three, but I'm pretty sure that Jeanine and Phillip will go home. BOO at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment