1.15.2009

Altered books...and altered perceptions

The Harry Potter Crafts Group I am apart of on yahoogroups is doing an altered book swap this month. I'm new to the group, and crafting in general, so I didn't enter, but I'm going to do one on my own just to see if I can do it. The theme of the swap is "The Women of Harry Potter" so naturally, I'm going to do mine on Bellatrix Lestrange. I have no idea even where to start, but I'm going to do my best. Luckily, I got a major score of clearance stuff at Waldenbooks the other day, including the 2009 Harry Potter calendar, and I was very pleased to see that Bellatrix has her own month. I'm going to steal the page and cut it to pieces, or I might go and find another one so I have my all in once piece.

And altered perceptions on XBox Live. Last night was the GamerChix ladies night of Left 4 Dead. So I signed on like it said to, but lo and behold, no chix in the room I was in. I ended up with three guys, who of course though that I was a guy, but I let it go. We played a campaign on the Death Toll map, did very well, even got a very hard to get achievement. So after the game, we said our goodbyes. They said they were going to play Versus. I'm not much on Versus, so I stuck around and started another game. Lo and behold, 10 seconds into my new game, I get a request from one of the guys to join their Versus game.

O.O

This has never happened before, so naturally, I accepted. I entered the room to raucous cheers of "OHMIGOD, YOU'RE A CHICK!?!" I thought that was very hilarious. We proceeded to completely MURDER the opposing team, working together like a well-oiled machine. It was beautiful. I was so encouraged about co-op play, but I had to leave early, so I said my goodbyes, and went to bed thinking, "FINALLY. I find the good ones."

This morning, I found a friend request from one of the guys waiting on my dashboard. It gave me warm and fuzzies. I plan to go home and log on and see if I can't find them and play some more.

SO glad I got my high speed internet yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment