7.18.2009

3 Year Olds = Meth Addicts

So, it is now day two of Potterpalooza, and yesterday, I learned what a slice of life with a three-year old is like.

It is like dealing with a tiny meth addict.

OMG. I've known this little boy since he was a zygote, and since I only get to see him at three or four month intervals, it's pretty interesting to see how he changes from the last time I saw him. Last time, he was this little talking, walking thing who called me Auntie Brooke.

Now, he is a tornado...a tornado of screaming, throwing things, and running around like a lunatic, but still calling me Auntie Brooke.

PHEW. Last night, we went to the grocery to get stuff for me to make Potter cookies--okay, they're just cookies, but for this weekend, they are POTTER cookies. In the grocery store, it was impossible for me to keep my eye on him. One minute, he's poking the bags of marshmallows, the next he's at the end of the aisle. It's exhausting.

The no bake cookies turned out to be a disaster. I'm not sure what happened. I've made them four quadrillion times, but this time, they just didn't come out right. They crumbled like no other. Maja claims I used too much oats, but I did what the recipe said, like I always do, and just...tragedy. *SIGH* I'm trying again today with the chocolate peanut butter chip ones, and THEY BETTER TURN OUT RIGHT.

We also went to the Gattitown last night. AHAHAHAHA, what possessed me to suggest taking a three-year old to a place like that? It was uber-crowded, but OMG THE PIZZA. Who knew you could put coconut on a pizza? I DID NOT, BUT NOW I DO. Then we played games for about four million hours, all the while surrounded by an entire room of little meth addicts, just running around and screaming and getting prizes for throwing things.
Whoever came up with that place...I'd really like to fong them right in the nards.

Anyway, today is the day we see the movie, and at this moment, it is 9:47 in the morning, and I am preparing to make cookies. Tonight is also #1 China Buffet. Isn't that the greatest name? Though, of course, you couldn't call it #2 China Buffet. That wouldn't be very appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment