5.20.2009

Shopaholic

I love shopping. This is no secret. I am a recovering clearance addict. I am over a year sober. But today, I left the house with the intent to shop (ITS), and nothing was going to stop me. I went to get my new camera, but alas, it was not available in the store. I refused to be beaten by this. Next, I went after Eminem's new CD, and VICTORY, it was only $10. Score. Re-energized, I went to find "True Blood" Season 1 only to be DEFEATED. Best Buy had a free t-shirt, and we were in line getting the CD when I saw a lady beside me with one in her hand. "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT!?!" "It was the last one," she answered with a smug look. AH HA HA, the joke is on her, she did not get the free t-shirt. Another victory at Best Buy was the PS3 Guitar Hero III set with two guitars. We had to buy it for the Guitar Hero tournament, and the shelf price was $69.99. It rang up $51.88! ULTIMATE VICTORY!

So, off to the mall we went to try FYE for True Blood. Walking in, I saw that they had plenty...plenty of them with a shelf price of $49.99!! NO WAY. It was advertised everywhere for $32.99, and I screamed "OH, HELL NO!" In an attempt to make myself feel better about being defeated AGAIN, I went back to the anime section, and what do I see? An Quincy cross necklace! FOR $10!!! I had a $5 coupon I was able to use, so yes, $5? VICTORY. S decided to ask the check out guy, a complete and total spaz who was also a True Blood fan, if they would match price, and he said YES!! So, with S's FYE card, it was ONLY 28.25!! I almost passed out. It also came with a rebate for $10. I could almost not contain my excitement at this.

All of these deals...it's almost enough to make a girl relapse.

I experienced a slight defeat at the Kingdom Buffet. I always approach the sushi with the intent to just get over it and try it, so I went up and stared at the little rolls. I was determined to get one and just eat. Just shove the whole thing in my mouth and eat it. I stared at the rolls, and they stared at me, and it was too much. Defeated again by sushi. Oh, the shame.

But overall, today was a victory. WOOT!

2 comments:

  1. Just wait 'til you come up for Potter. Jenny and I will be happy to help you defeat the sushi...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my word verification for that comment was "bollens." I dunno why, but it amused me.

    ReplyDelete