3.24.2009

A Builder is Me!

I have had these absolutely ridiculous dvd shelves for a few years, and they are just sad and pathetic. I think they might have been ten bucks a piece at Wal-Mart, and they look it. The damn things don't even stand up straight under the stress of all of my movies and such, and I finally decided that since I got my Amazon Visa Card (HUZZAH, credit improving!!), that I would use it to buy new shelves for my ever-growing collection of movies and video games.

Today, I sat down and put these things together. I've never been very good at building things. I don't know why instructions and illustrations just don't click with me. That's not to say that I don't like it. I do. I like to stand back and go, "I did this!" I'm just not very good at it. However, today, the universe was on my side, for I managed to put it together. WOOT!

Photobucket

This is all the stuff that came in the box. Very intimidating. And yes, of course, my "helper," which meant he "helped" by licking the shelves and trying to eat the little bags of screws and dowels. *sigh*

Photobucket

All of my 234 DVDs in their glory. It's weird that the two shelves together held exactly how many DVDs I have.


The old shelves are now the temporary home for my TV shows on DVD and my video game collection. Once I get my tax return, I'm going to buy two more of the new ones for them. I definitely need it. For the time being, the fact that I have no more space for movies will keep me from buying them. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment