2.23.2009

Dieting yet again

I always get off to a good start when I diet, but for some reason, I get so sick of constantly worrying about what I'm eating that I inevitably fall off the wagon. I'm trying again at the moment, and so far, so good. It's helped along by Wii Fit, which really is worth all the money and effort it takes to get it.

I'm going for 1200 calories a day, but I was taught to look at it as a week-long goal. You want to be at an average of 1200 calories a day. I'm usually look at it like this: if I eat 25 too many one day, I eat 25 fewer the next, and vice versa. I also allow myself one cheater day where I eat whatever I want, but I'm hoping that eventually, I won't cheat. Both yesterday and today were successful, so I'm looking forward to a big fat cheater day either Tuesday or Wednesday.

The Wii Fit combined with Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009 kicked my ass though. Good and proper. I think the Wii Fit promotes compulsion with weight though. You're supposed to do this stupid Body Test thing every day, and today I was .2 pounds heavier than yesterday and I wigged. A regular scale would never have shown that miniscule amount, but that stupid balance board does. BOO.

I'll keep my diet talk to a minimum. It's very boring, but I'm going Tuesday to Monday with my weekly weight totals, so...

Starting Weight: 186.4
Week 1 Weight: 183.2

*sigh* Hopefully, it will get better. I set a 10 pounds in two weeks goal, but I don't think I'm going to make that. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment